Natural Oil Products and Accessories
Monocoat Fumed has been developed to create a special effect on oak that makes the wood turn gray. Since this product reacts in accordance to the amount of tannic acid that is present in the wood, Fumed allows for the creation of very unique and personalized effects.Monocoat Fumed is user-friendly and does not release any toxic or irritating fumes or vapors.
Fumed is to be post-treated with Monocoat Oil.
- Provides a "graying" effect to the wood
- Can be post-treated with Monocoat Oil
- Releases no toxic fumes or vapors
Rubio Monocoat Fumed has been developed to create a special effect on oak by making the
wood turn gray. This product reacts in accordance to the amount of tannic acid that is present in
the wood. The treatment allows you to create very unique effects since the shade of gray
depends on the amount of tannin in the wood. Monocoat Fumed is user-friendly and does not
release any toxic or irritating fumes or vapors. This product is designed to be post-treated with
Monocoat Oil Plus.
Attention: Variations in the final result can be expected depending on the quality and origin of
the wood used.
- Provides a “graying” effect to oak.
- Can be post-treated with Monocoat Oil Plus.
- Environmentally friendly, releases no toxic fumes or vapors.
* Sand the planks until the desired result has been obtained.
* Remove all dust from the surface.
* Apply Monocoat Fumed evenly with a paint roller, brush or spray gun.
If a more uniform effect is preferred, the surface should be fully saturated with the product.
* Once the wood dries, wash off the surface with water. Damp mop or wash with clean
* Allow the wood to completely dry.
* Remove the raised grain by polishing the surface with a buffer and red or beige pad.
* Make sure the surface is made fully dust-free again.
* Apply Monocoat Oil Plus.
Depending on the method of preparation and the type of wood: +/- 175 to 350 sq. ft./liter.
Physical resistance at 68°F: Liquid
Solubility in water (% weight): Miscible.
Last picture is an Exemple of Fumed and White oil on red oak